See Why Our Mock Election is #1
Each year, YLI conducts the largest secure, student-only, online mock election in the nation, using electronic ballots tailored to each student’s home legislative district. Read below about our plans for 2015. Teachers, if you haven't already, Sign Up with YLI for your students to participate!
“I am truly excited about this and will try to make it a school-wide election. The lesson plans look fantastic. What an excellent simulation idea!”—Drew Shilhanek, Teacher
Getting in the Game using the YLI Mock Election!
- YLI's will host the 2016 National Super Student Presidential Primary February 22-29.
- This vote is leading up to the Super Tuesday primaries, and all of the candidates regardless of their party affiliation will be listed together. Students will also vote on which party they would most likely vote for in the general election.
- Lesson plans supporting the National Mock Election are available on YLI's lesson plan webpage.
- FREE online teacher resources include downloadable posters, decorations and stickers to generate election excitement in your school.
- Customize your ballot! Make your mock election more meaningful for your students by adding local or school races or referenda.
- Flexible voting period. Voting can occur anytime during the stated period.
- Teachers may choose online or paper ballot voting.
- Results for the mock elections are available online following the conclusion of the voting period.
Get in the Game all year long with YLI’s My Mock Election option!
- Counting ballots is history! Run your class elections using My Mock Election.
- Create election experiences for students in semester courses.
- Use My Mock Election to vote on races or referenda on any subject at any time.
The YLI Mock Election is an academic exercise. It is not a scientific survey and is not designed to predict the outcome of actual elections. The views expressed are those of participating students, not those of the Youth Leadership Initiative or the UVA Center for Politics.