You are now beginning Phase II of E-Congress. During this phase you will research one of the many issues facing our country. Once you select a topic for your research, you will:
- compare and contrast the opinions of major and minor political parties on this issue
- identify interest groups on both sides of the issue
- write a letter to a member of Congress expressing your own opinion on the issue
- identify current legislation and constitutional issues related to your topic
- research current government spending in your area of interest
Click here to view a virtual tour of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Click here to view and print out the Phase II Research Guide. This will help you keep track of all of the information you gather on your topic. Your teacher may be collecting this.